About Acupuncture and ‘TongTong Chim’
- Acupuncture has over 3,000 years of history in Korea and China
- Acupuncture works by stimulating the meridian systems on the epidermis- it balances yin and yang and cures & prevents diseases
- The benefit of acupuncture is - it can stimulate any part of the body without damaging effects. In addition, because of the thinness of the needles, they cause minimum pain. Acupuncture could effectively relieve pain and discomfort in the affected area(s). Another advantage is in flexibility - practitioner can easily adjust the pressure of needles according to the patient’s symptoms.
Understanding Qi & Hyul
- In Korean and Chinese medicine, Qi (pronounced as “chee” or “Gi”) refers to the body’s essential and
indispensible energy and Hyul refers to the blood that body makes from the nutrients we eat.
- Qi and Hyul (Blood) circulate through the meridian system. Qi works to change the food we eat into Hyul and with the help of Qi, Hyul (blood) moves to body’s main organs. The organs receive the needed energy from Qi while Qi receives the nutrients from Hyul(blood). Throughout this processes, Qi and Hyul continuously interact with each other.
- When Qi and Hyul do not circulate well, their flow becomes congested and cannot reach to all parts of the body as they normally should. This leaves some areas without proper nutrients and oxygen supplies, and because of that the body cannot discharge waste materials to outside. The congestion of Qi and Hyul disturbs metabolism of the body and the balances between Yin and Yang and that creates phlegm and blood clots. The slow metabolism and imbalances of Yin and Yang, also causes deterioration of immunity which makes the body susceptible for all kinds of diseases.
At JSD Clinic we administer a range of comprehensive acupuncture techniques to cure 1,000 of different disorders and symptoms.
Following Techniques are being used in combination:
Traditional Long & Short Needle Acupuncture, Five-Direction Acupuncture, Dong-si Acupuncture, Modernized Dong-si Acupuncture, Saam-Ohang Acupuncture, Ear Acupuncture, Scalp Acupuncture
What kind of diseases the innovative care can cure?
Headaches, nervousness, insomnia, hypertension, mental disorders, nervous breakdown, dizziness, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, ozena, allergies, pain around the eyes, otalgia (ear ache), vision problems, strabismus, deafness, tinnitus(ear noises), neuralgia, neuritis, acne, eczema, hay fever, runny nose, hearing loss, throat hypertrophy,
Tonsillar hyperplasia, otitis media, stomatitis, rhinitis, laryngitis, hoarse throat, stiff neck and arms, pain on the upper body, arteriosclerosis, bronchitis, cerebral hemorrhage, disorders on underarms, mid finger pain, thyroid disorders, asthma, cold, difficulty in breathing, rapid breath, heaviness of chest, pain on the fingers, lung disease, heart function problems, pleurisy, pneumonia, atopic, congestion, boil, gall disorder, jaundice, stomach disorders including gastric neurosis, heartburn, indigestion, gastritis, gastric ulcer, diabetes, low immune functions, cholelithiasis, hiccups, allergies, indigestion, rashes, kidney, diseases, nephritis, kidney stone(s), rheumatism, dry skin, infertility, constipation,
colitis, dysentery, diarrhea, hernia, spasm, varix, bladder diseases, menstrual pain, uterus diseases, ovary diseases, cold sweat, miscarriage, sciatica, lumbago, cystitis, frequent painful urination, strangury, pain on big toes, swollen ankles, sprained ankle(s), cold feet, spasm of legs, painful heels, scoliosis, sexual dysfunction, bladder infection, uterine fibroids, hemorrhoids, itchiness, coccyx pain.